The LOATAD Residency runs throughout the year, except for the months of December - January and July - August and lasts four weeks, with the option to extend depending on availability.
The Residency is largely self-directed, with the opportunity to request specific workshops/mentoring and participate in pre-organised events at the library. Residents are encouraged to make full use of the library’s resources, as well as the library community, which is made up of a diverse group of people from across Ghana, Africa, and the world.
THE WRITING RESIDENCY INCLUDES
- A private or semi-private (i.e. shared bathroom) room (depending on preference)
- Access to the library and all its resources
- Access to shared spaces (kitchen, toilets, bathrooms, etc)
- Access to shared working space for the duration of the residency
- Opportunity to organise and/or attend workshops/events in the library
- Promotion through social media
- Prepared communal lunch on Sunday afternoons included in the price of stay
- Access to local projects we are involved in
- An event to read from/showcase your work (optional)
- Connections with the local cultural scene
- Publication in the annual LOATAD catalogue about work done at the residency
RESIDENCY ROOM RATES
- Ama Ata Aidoo Suite / Master Bedroom with Own Bathroom and Balcony:
$1000 USD for one month
- Ayi Kwei Armah Room / Shared Bathroom: $875 a month
- B. Kojo Laing Room / Shared Bathroom: $800 a month
**A 10% discount is available for bookings of two full months or more.
Please submit the following to email@example.com:
- Details of the project you intend to work on while in residence (max. 500 words)
- Artist statement and writer’s CV
- A writing sample of no more than 2,000 words
- A statement on why you’d like to do a residency at LOATAD (max. 500 words)
- Proposed residency dates
If possible, link to documentation of your work online. If you must send an attachment, please limit yourself to two recent and relevant works, no more. If applicable, attach a very short and realistic project plan, including any wishes as to space, assistance and time frame.